SEVERINUS EARLY MUSIC EDITION
General Editor: Dr Ian Payne
Severinus Press is pleased to announce the publication of the Severinus Early Music Edition, under its modern editions imprint Thesaurus Harmonicus. The series will focus on Engish late-Renaissance and early-Baroque music and the first batch of works includes:
- The first modern edition of Walsh and Hare's 1700 collection, Six Sonatas or Solos, Three for a Violin, Three for the Flute, containing three recorder sonatas by Godfrey Finger (SEME 1-3), and three violin sonatas by William Croft (SEME 4-6).
- The first modern editions of three trio sonatas for two violins, bass viol (or cello) and b.c. by Purcell's contemporary, William Williams (SEME 7-9) and by Nicola Matteis (SEME 13).
- First publication of two very attractive works for three violins and b.c. by two of the foremost virtuoso violinists of their day, Thomas Baltzar (SEME 10) and Nicola Matteis (SEME 11).
- The first modern editions of two fine sonatas for the unusual combination of four violins and continuo (SEME 14 and SEME 15).
- The first complete reconstruction and critical edition of Twenty Almandes and a Pavan from Cambridge, Fitzwilliam Museum, Mu. MS 734, for six-part consort (SEME 12).
If you would like us to keep you informed of future issues in the series, please email us and tell us your interests. Don't forget to give us your email and postal addresses.
Show contents page if it does not appear on the left.